To understand players better, we need to analyze their behavior. The gamers can be video gamers, real-money gamers, PC gamers, or other backgrounds. We have to identify the real reason behind why they play a particular game and what they gain from that gameplay.
Player behaviour can be explained as players' characteristics that lead them to function in a specific pattern. This article will also cover different influences that affect player behavior and their responses within the game environment.
The importance of understanding player behaviour
Creating a game that hooks players might be your ultimate goal but ensuring an excellent user experience is equally important. It begins with understanding player behavior. There might be instances when players behave abnormally. For designers and instructors to influence & direct in-game activities, studying player behavior helps in more than one way.
Gaming operators must always look for chances to review, evaluate and regulate player behavior to remove toxicity/ bad player behavior, thereby sustaining a successful business.
What is player behavior?
Player behavior is a variable; it fluctuates based on external and internal factors. Player behavior depends on human behavior and is hence complicated. Players react impulsively in the course of gameplay.
But to a certain extent, we can direct the course of a player's behavior during a game. Analyzing how a player reacts to different situations during gameplay will give us enough data for predicting his future actions well in advance.
When we better understand player behavior, we can promote responsible gaming. OptiKPI knows that player welfare is paramount. Hence as a part of responsible gaming offering to operators, we leverage player behavior to encourage responsible gaming.
Why do we care about Player Behavior?
Understanding player behavior will help a gaming operator create behavioral customer segmentation and design customized marketing strategies. Comprehending a player's characteristics empower us to anticipate his moves in the future. We can easily deduce player reaction and automate general user flow with OptiKPI. For example:
- We automatically send personal greetings and welcome offers to a new user.
- After a week or two, we learn about their favorite game. We send deposit offers related to their favorite game to increase engagement.
- We automatically send exclusive welcome back offers to all the players who unexpectedly drop out/quit your platform,
You can automate all your marketing campaigns with OptiKPI. Our intelligent marketing automation platform works 24/7 and delivers only the best marketing solutions to save your time and resources.
Influences on player behavior
Multiple factors influence Player behavior; leverage the best one to increase player engagement.
Some advantages of influencing player behavior:
- Calendar - People tend to play more on weekends & holidays. If you are a casino owner, be prepared to handle the upsurge in traffic on such days.
- Social influence - Shout out from a famous blogger or a referral from a friend about a new gaming platform will intrigue the common mass. People are usually attracted to trending subjects. If your group or online community is into a new game, you are more likely to try it down the line.
- Sports tournaments - Sports betting sites can exploit sports seasons. During such events, people are more inclined to participate.
- Live tournaments - Poker and related games draw huge attention when held live.
All of the above factors can have a positive influence on your players. We can successfully leverage them by employing OptiKPI. Actions such as sending invitations for tournaments, reminders, bonus codes, etc., are efficiently deployed through our software.
As gaming operators, we have a moral responsibility to care for our players. When players get addicted to gambling and lose more than their risk appetite, it also affects the platform. Protecting them from bad player behaviors is mutually beneficial. Hence, OptiKPI has built a system to detect players on a destructive path and warn them in real-time (automatically).
For example, when players' spending exceeds the daily standard, OptiKPI steps in and warns them about their behavior in real-time. Say, if a player has made ten deposits in a day, send him a warning notification that he has exceeded the daily deposit limit. As a precautionary step, you can block him from making further deposits for the day.
OptiKPI helps you streamline marketing complexities and enable you to influence people positively. You can encourage your players to play more, increase engagement and make them refer friends. OptiKPI will elevate your marketing standard to new heights!